The European Social Marketing Association (ESMA) is a professional association for individuals and organisations practicing, researching and teaching social marketing in Europe. ESMA endeavours to contribute to the development, evidence base and promotion of the social marketing discipline in Europe and the world.
Social marketing adapts established marketing approaches and techniques used in the commercial sector, alongside other behaviour change concepts to achieve socially beneficial outcomes, such as better health, safer communities, or cleaner environments.
Who are ESMA people?
- people who practice social marketing
- academics and researchers
- people who work in the behaviour change/social change fields
- programme managers in government bodies and institutions (department/ministry of health or environment etc.)
- policy officers and social policy advisors
- not-for-profit programme managers
- future programme managers
- managers of professional education programmes
- behaviour change communication consultants
- public health officers